Staffing Boutique (www.staffingboutique.org) is pleased to announce a new permanent role!
If this position is a match for you, please respond with your most up-to-date resume as a Word or PDF attachment.
Organization Type: Charter School
Role: Curriculum Coach
Location: Washington Heights
Start Date: October 2020
Salary: $65-70K (commensurate with experience)
Currently seeking high performing curriculum coaches who are ready to help grow a unique school community where compassion, kindness, and curiosity drive each and every day.
Specifically, a Curriculum Coach is responsible for:
• Observing and coaching teachers daily.
• Helping teachers develop instructional strategies to improve student outcomes.
• Contributing to the evaluation of academic staff.
• Preparing and facilitating professional learning, data review sessions, and content based team meetings.
• Determining and coordinating high-quality internal and external professional
development opportunities for staff.
• Work collaboratively with staff to inform the development of a culture and climate
that promotes and sustains student and adult learning in literacy or mathematics
• Participating in staff recruitment.
• Collaborating with the School Leadership Team to create cohesion between all
• Creating and sharing accurate academic reports in a timely manner.
• Develop positive working relationships with a diverse group of teachers in a side-by-
side, job-embedded coaching model
• Train staff in school-wide assessment administration and support state-mandated
• Support schools in ensuring there is effective teaching in classrooms by
strengthening pedagogy and instructional planning
• Coordinate the ordering and distribution of curricular materials
• Facilitate workshops for families to support their children academic needs
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for the Curriculum Coach positions are:
• Proven experience in implementing balanced literacy or constructivist math
practices, problem-based learning, discussion, a whole-part-whole model of
instruction, small group instruction, differentiated lesson planning and instruction,
and authentic and summative assessments aligned to standards
• Ability to lead collaborative professional learning, especially individual,
and small group, that results in improved outcomes for students
• Demonstrate effective use and understanding of Literacy and/or Math Common
Core State Standards and those for College and Career Readiness
• Commitment to and proficiency in the use of technology to support the work and
enhance adult and student learning in literacy or math
• At least four years of successful teaching in an urban education
• Broad experience in various Math and ELA curriculum
• Strong organization skills
• The ability to thrive in a startup environment
• Ability to work well on a team and communicate effectively
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, and exciting school
• Ability to work autonomously as well as take coaching as needed
• A sense of humor and kindness towards your colleagues
• A strong theoretical knowledge of literacy or math content and pedagogy
• Enthusiasm and excitement for your own ongoing professional learning
• Positive, respectful professional relationships
Advanced proficiency in one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish and/or Arabic)
• Music performance
Director of Recruitment
99 Hudson Street 5th floor
New York, NY 10013
Staffing Boutique marries the vision and know-how of its founder, Katherine Warnock, affectionately known to her clients as Katie. She identified a glaring gap within nonprofit staffing recruitment. She o...