Staffing Boutique (www.staffingboutique.org) is pleased to announce a new permanent role!
Organization Type: Charter School
Role: ICT/SPED Teacher
Location: Washington Heights
Start Date: Fall 2020
Currently seeking high performing elementary teachers who are ready to help grow a
unique school community where compassion, kindness, and curiosity drive each and every day.
Specifically, ICT Special Education teachers are responsible for:
• Creating and maintaining a fun, engaging, and inclusive classroom culture where all
students love to learn
Integrated Co-Teacher/Special Education
• Differentiating instruction to meet learners needs to improve development of sensory and perceptual motor skills, language, cognition, and memory
• Developing, modifying, and implementing curriculum and assessments for students with disabilities as determined in a student’s IEP and/or 504 plan
• Implement Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) as needed
• Driving academic outcomes for all students by analyzing data, differentiating instruction, and supporting each learner’s unique needs
• Contributing to the Child Study Team’s assessments of student needs
• Collaborating with colleagues to implement an effective integrated co-teaching model to serve all students in an inclusive classroom
• Implementing a music-infused academic curriculum with support from the Director of Music and Directors of Curriculum and Instruction.
• Inspiring students and fellow staff to perform at his or her highest potential
• Developing and maintaining strong and professional relationships with families
Qualifications for the Elementary Special Education Teacher positions are:
• NYS or equivalent Special Education Teaching Certification
• Urban elementary teaching experience
• Experience teaching 3rd Grade
• Demonstrated success raising achievement levels of all students
• An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at a high level
• Proven commitment and success working with students and families
• The ability to thrive in a startup environment
• The ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, and exciting school
• A sense of humor and kindness towards your colleagues
Advanced proficiency in one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• Music performance
• Early Childhood teaching experience and/or certifications
• Project Based Learning and Inquiry Based Learning
• Responsive Classroom, Love & Logic Student Management, and Restorative Justice
If this position is a match for you, please respond with your most up-to-date resume as a Word or PDF attachment.
Staffing Boutique marries the vision and know-how of its founder, Katherine Warnock, affectionately known to her clients as Katie. She identified a glaring gap within nonprofit staffing recruitment. She o...